FULL-TIME (approximately 40 hours per week)
PROJECTED SALARY: $60,000-$75,000 per year
BENEFITS: 20 days of paid vacation and 15 sick days per year, and medical/dental/vision insurance
APPROXIMATE START DATE: July 2023
SCHEDULE: This is a hybrid role. Approximately 3 days per week in-person, and 2 days per week working remotely.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA. Candidate MUST be willing to commute to Studio City 2-3x per week.
Please note: There is potential for the right candidate for this role to be part-time, 20-30 hours per week, if desired. Candidates must be local to the Los Angeles area, willing to work 2-3 days per week in person, with prior applicable experience. Please indicate your preference for full or part-time work on your application. Please note that part-time positions do not include benefits.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
cupcakes and cashmere is a lifestyle brand based in Los Angeles, CA, founded by Emily Schuman. We aim to elevate everyday life – whether that be through a unique piece of jewelry, makeup tutorial, recipe, or thought-provoking and culturally relevant commentary. Women-driven and female-focused, we are passionate about finding the moments in life that spark joy and sharing it with our followers. As a team, we are committed to being actively anti-racist both in our business practices and personal lives.
This role is responsible for assisting our founder and CEO, Emily, with social media content on the @emilyschuman Instagram account, sponsored content, the cupcakes and cashmere blog, and other content-related tasks. Working in-person with Emily several days per week, this person will be very important in helping Emily stay organized and inspired in her role as an extremely busy founder and CEO of a successful e-commerce shop, as well as a fashion, beauty, and lifestyle content creator. Our ideal candidate will have some experience with social media management and/or previous work as an executive/personal assistant, who is excited to learn the ins and outs of influencer marketing and never runs out of ideas.
- Proficiency with Instagram
- Skilled at capturing compelling video on iPhone
- Strong writing skills–exceptional grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Attention to detail is a MUST
- Willing to work occasional “off” hours (evenings and weekends as needed)
- Working knowledge of content creation tools such as Canva, Photoshop, iMovie, or Final Cut Pro to assist in content creation
- Familiarity with the brand is a plus, but not required
- Photography skills are a plus, but not required
- Our ideal candidate is someone who is both extremely creative and exceptionally organized
- Monitoring and managing calendars and to-do lists
- Managing daily tasks
- Coming up with social media content ideas and assisting with content creation from ideation to execution
- Filming/shooting and directing content for Emily's channel
- Running errands related to capturing content
- Assisting Emily with ideation and execution for sponsored content, and interfacing with Emily's manager
- Attending meetings with Emily to assist with scheduling and follow-up
- Creating regular performance reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly) for Emily's Instagram account
- This job does NOT require any travel outside of the Los Angeles area
TO APPLY: Please send your resume, a short cover letter, and your Instagram handle to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Social Media & Content Assistant Role". Please note that DMs or emails to any other cupcakes and cashmere team members will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!