**Thank you so much for your interest in this position. It has been filled, and we will no longer be accepting applications.**
FULL-TIME (approximately 40 hours per week)
PROJECTED SALARY: $45,000-$50,000 per year
BENEFITS: 20 days of paid vacation and 15 sick days per year, and medical/dental/vision insurance
APPROXIMATE START DATE: October 2020
LOCATION: Los Angeles CA, but accepting applicants from anywhere within the U.S.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
cupcakes and cashmere is a lifestyle brand based in Los Angeles, CA, founded by Emily Schuman. We aim to elevate everyday life – whether that be through a unique piece of jewelry, makeup tutorial, recipe, or thought-provoking and culturally relevant commentary. Women-driven and female-focused, we are passionate about finding the moments in life that spark joy and sharing it with our followers. As a team, we are committed to being actively anti-racist both in our business practices and personal lives.
This role is responsible for assisting with the ongoing growth of our social media channels, assisting our marketing team with strategy and promoting products on our ecommerce Shop, and assisting with editorial content in alignment with our business strategies and overall direction. This person will be very important in helping grow and promote the cupcakes and cashmere brand primarily through social media content. This role will be 40 hours per week, approximately 60%+ working with our founder, Emily, coordinating content on the @emilyschuman Instagram account, 30% creating content for the @shopcupcakesandcashmere Instagram account, and 5-10% working with our editorial team to write blog posts for the cupcakes and cashmere blog.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field
- Photoshop proficiency
- 2-3 years of experience as a social media intern or coordinator
- Comfortable being in front of the camera several days per week
- Strong writing skills–exceptional grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Attention to detail is a MUST
- Willing to work “off” hours (evenings and weekends as needed)
- A public Instagram account
- Working knowledge of iMovie or Final Cut Pro, or a willingness to learn
- Experience with Shopify a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with the brand is a plus, but not required
- Graphic design skills are a plus, but not required
- Please note: Although we are a Los Angeles based company, we are accepting applications for candidates from anywhere in the United States. We are currently working from home, and may transition to an entirely work-from-home based company. For candidates not in the L.A. area, we can discuss in more detail during an interview. All interviews with selected candidates will be conducted via Google Hangouts.
- Ideate and create original content for the Shop Instagram; appear on camera 3-5 times per week either in Stories, Reels, Feed, or Live format
- Assist the Social Media Manager in maintaining the content calendar for the Shop Instagram; assign content to cupcakes and cashmere team members
- Strategize with Emily and the Social Media Manager for new content ideas on Emily’s channel (stories and feed)
- Receive assets from Emily on a daily basis to post on Emily’s stories; schedule and coordinate content on the @emilyschuman Instagram channel
- Write for the cupcakes and cashmere blog: 2-3 articles/essays per month and contribute to “team” posts
- Create, analyze, and provide regular performance reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly) for both Instagram accounts
- Assist with overall strategy and execution of our influencer marketing program
- Assist marketing team with overall Shop promotion strategy
TO APPLY: Please send your resume, a cover letter, and your Instagram handle to email@example.com with the subject line "Social Media Coordinator Role". Please note that DMs or emails to any other cupcakes and cashmere team members will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!