We are looking for a Marketing Intern to join our team!
Hours: 20-25 hours/week
Approximate dates: January 6, 2020 - July 2020
About Our Company
cupcakes and cashmere is a lifestyle brand based in West Hollywood, CA, founded by Emily Schuman. We aim to elevate everyday life – whether that be through a unique piece of jewelry, makeup tutorial, recipe, or thought-provoking and culturally relevant commentary. Women-driven and female-focused, our team is passionate about finding the moments in life that spark joy and sharing it with our followers.
Our Marketing team is responsible for maintaining the cupcakes and cashmere e-commerce website (the “Shop”), planning and executing all Shop promotions, creating content for use on our marketing channels, promoting products and communicating with our customers via email, social media, and paid advertising, managing the @shopcupcakesandcashmere account on Instagram, and assisting in product development.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a Marketing Intern to start in December 2019 or early January 2020 who will be with us through July 2020. This is a temporary position, but there may be an option to hire this person full-time at the conclusion of the internship. Undergraduate student candidates must graduate by the spring/summer of 2020 and be available 25 hours per week throughout the duration of the internship in order to be considered.
In this position, you will:
- Be trained by our Communications Manager on designing (including building templates), deploying, and reporting on e-commerce marketing emails. Familiarity with a CRM or ESP platform (i.e. MailChimp, Klaviyo, Zaius, etc.) would be beneficial, but not a must.
- Assist our Social Media Manager with social media tasks, specifically on Instagram, including scheduling and coordination, content creation, customer experience, and ideation.
- Assist our E-Commerce Marketing Manager with small tasks on shop.cupcakesandcashmere.com (Shopify) and writing product descriptions
- Report to our E-Commerce Marketing Manager
- Work approximately 20-25 hours per week from our office in West Hollywood, preferably Monday/Wednesday/Friday
To qualify for this role, you:
- Have an interest in marketing (especially influencer and e-commerce marketing)
- Have a Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field
- Have 1-2 years of work experience (preferably in marketing or social media), or you are a current senior at a college or university in Los Angeles
- Are available to work from our office in West Hollywood 20-25 hours per week
- Have experience with Adobe Photoshop (this is not required, but is a major plus)
- Are familiar with the cupcakes and cashmere brand (this is not required, but will help our marketing intern get started more quickly)
- Are willing to be featured on our @shopcupcakesandcashmere Instagram account occasionally in Stories
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com and confirm your availability in the body of the e-mail. We look forward to hearing from you!