FULL-TIME (approximately 40 hours per week)
PROJECTED SALARY: $70,000-$100,000 per year, depending on experience
BENEFITS: 20 days of paid vacation and 15 sick days per year, and medical/dental/vision insurance
APPROXIMATE START DATE: July/August 2022
LOCATION: Candidates located in Los Angeles, CA preferred. Our company works remotely, but is based in Los Angeles. Candidates who live outside of the LA area will be considered.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
cupcakes and cashmere is a lifestyle brand based in Los Angeles, CA, founded by Emily Schuman. We aim to elevate everyday life – whether that be through a unique piece of jewelry, makeup tutorial, recipe, or thought-provoking and culturally relevant commentary. Women-driven and female-focused, we are passionate about finding the moments in life that spark joy and sharing it with our followers. As a team, we are committed to being actively anti-racist both in our business practices and personal lives.
This role is responsible for the current and future growth of the cupcakes and cashmere brand, particularly focused on our ecommerce Shop and social media channels. This person will be a part of our marketing/content team, and a key player in the overall growth of the cupcakes and cashmere brand primarily through email marketing, social media growth strategy, and managing our relationships with influencers. This role will be 40 hours per week, approximately 40% managing our relationships with influencers to grow awareness of the brand on social media, 30% managing our email and SMS marketing channels, 15% assisting with Emily's sponsored content and growth on Emily's channel at a strategy level, 10% leading and creating other growth strategies, and 5% creating editorial content for the cupcakes and cashmere Instagram channel and blog. Our ideal candidate is a confident big-picture thinker who is very sure of themselves. We are looking for someone who is an experienced, proven growth marketer who is willing to take risks on new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field (marketing, business, communications, etc.)
- 4-8 years of overall experience (preferably in marketing or a related field)
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing position focused on audience growth for a B2C brand is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing preferred
- Comfortable being in a front-facing role and willing to create Instagram content several times per month
- A public Instagram account
- Must be able to work autonomously and thrive in a remote work setting
- Strong writing skills–exceptional grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are an absolute MUST for this role
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or Canva
- Familiarity with the brand is a plus, but not required
- Graphic design skills are a plus, but not required
- Please note: We are a work-from-home company based in Los Angeles, CA. All meetings are conducted through Google Hangouts.
- Co-manage overall growth strategies for the cupcakes and cashmere brand
- Manage our ambassador/influencer gifting program (finding creators, pitching, and managing relationships)
- Manage paid influencer ads on Instagram (scouting, negotiating rates, putting together contracts, approving content, and managing relationships)
- Manage email marketing (ideating, creating, and sending emails) via Klaviyo and work on strategies to grow the overall email list
- Manage SMS marketing via Attentive
- Monitor social media trends, accounts, and personalities, and pitch relevant growth ideas to the team
- Project manage Emily's sponsored content and lead strategies for creating new relationships with brands
- Assist with growth strategies on Emily's accounts (Instagram and Tik Tok)
- Write for the cupcakes and cashmere blog: 1 articles/essay per month and contribute to “team” posts
- Build out weekly, monthly, and quarterly email and influencer program reporting, set goals with Marketing Director and KPIs for continuous improvement
- Assist marketing team with overall Shop promotion strategy
TO APPLY: Please send your resume, a cover letter, and your Instagram handle to email@example.com with the subject line "Growth Marketing Manager Role". Please note that DMs or emails to any other cupcakes and cashmere team members will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!