Gua sha is known as the "Eastern Botox" or "Eastern Face Lift" for its ability to combat signs of aging like fine lines and sagging. This tool is made from genuine white jade in a sweet heart shape we absolutely love.
Benefits of using the gua sha tool:
- Moves toxins out of the face and down into the lymph nodes
- Plumps skin
- Tightens and tones skin
- Minimizes dark circles
- Hits pressure points, relaxes facial muscles and relieves tension
- Reduces symptoms related to sensitive and problematic skin
- Known to release jaw tension and alleviate symptoms of TMJ
If you've never used a gua sha tool before, we recommend you begin by watching Sandra Lanshin Chiu's 20-minute tutorial, "Learn Facial Gua Sha From a Chinese Medical Skincare Professional."
Directions for use from Dehiya Beauty:
1. Prep: Apply your favorite facial oil or balm to freshly cleansed skin to provide proper slip + infuse nutrients into skin.
2. Pressure: Always use light pressure. You can incorporate more medium/firm pressure on specific areas where you carry more tension to relieve stagnation (shoulders, jaw, etc).
3. Pull: Use a 15˚ angle (about a finger’s width between the skin + stone) and support skin with the opposite hand (especially under the delicate eye area!)
4. Placement: Avoid active acne breakouts and work around inflammation instead of directly over it to stimulate healing. Wiggle stone slightly at the end of each step to stimulate flow and release tension.
5. Commit: Even if you only have 5 minutes or less, follow the neck sequence to open up pathways + promote lymph drainage.
Dehiya Beauty is an all-natural vegan skincare line influenced by Moroccan folk beauty and modern women founded by Dr. Mia Chae Reddy. Dehiya’s goal is to disrupt the current beauty narrative, explore alternative ways to see beauty, and ultimately create a fuller, more comprehensive story. Read more about the brand here.